The gallery is up. The contact form is working. I’m showered, dressed, hair combed, eyebrows plucked, eyelashes painted with mascara. I have chosen a well lit room, de-cluttered it. I have set up my tripod and my reflector – yes, I’m going all out with this. I have put my portrait lens on, the 85mm f/1.2.
So above is the result of my first self portrait shoot.
What I have learned from this shoot are the following things:
- My cable shutter release does not fit my new camera body.
- It’s really not that easy to pre empt the focus on the empty space where I am planning to be when the shot is taken.
- Using my kids to set focus is not the best idea.
- Using the self timer to shoot a self portrait has so far proved to be one of the most challenging things I have done to date.
- I need to buy a remote shutter release.
On a different note, today I have discovered Murad Osmann on instagram – beautiful images, take a look, if you already haven’t: http://instagram.com/muradosmann/